-N
An update, if you will. I guess I'll start at the begining of the end ;) or make that the begining of the begining.

Several months ago I came across an ex-boyfriends Facebook page. Ok, scratch that... I stalked his Facebook page trying to figure out if it was him or not, he had no profile picture or anything. I recognized some of the names on his friend list and I sent him a really brief message asking if he was who I thought he was. Now, let me tell you who I thought he was. When we were 15, way back when the internet was new and child preditors weren't hip to chatroom stalking kids yet, we randomly met in an AOL chat room. I did the whole age/sex/location business and asked if anyone wanted to chat. An instant message window popped up and my heart was about to be changed forever. We would chat for hours about anything, nothing and everything. We exchanged pictures and started talking on the phone. My new long distance boyfriend was 6 months my junior (and still never let's me forget I'm older) and a 6 foot 200 lb football playing hottie with a slight hint of a southern accent from Arkansas. We couldn't get enough of eachother. We would chat and talk every chance we got. Between school, homework, football practice, a two hour time difference and everything else we were up all hours of the night together learning every detail since it was all we had. In July of 2007 he talked his mom into coming to visit and we had an amazing weekend together. I remember it being so hard when he left and we had to say goodbye. He just stood there and held me and I cried. We were so young at the time I had no idea if we would ever see eachother again. At some point, and neither of us remembers exactly what happened, but we decided to just go on as friends, the distance was too much of a factor but by this time we had already been together a couple years. We made a pact that if We weren't in relationships when we were 25 we were finding eachother no matter what and we were going to be together. We kept in touch until we were 19, when he sent me an email and it was sent back to him as undeliverable. I had a boyfriend at the time and when we broke up I looked for him again with no luck. When I started dating the guy who would eventually be my ex-husband I started searching a little more frantically because I knew if I continued to date him it would be serious and I was inching closer to 25. Then myspace happened and I searched for him there, no luck again. I searched before I moved to AZ, before I got married... I had to know that he was out there and ok. I searched for him, innocently, a few times through out my marriage just out of curiosity. Turns out he found me on myspace and saw my new last name and didn't want to contact me. I think we always knew what would happen if we found eachother again and boy were we right. By the time I found him on Facebook I was already unhappy and wanted out but felt stuck. We started emailing to catch up and then we chatted one day via Facebook chat and the connection I felt with him so many years ago was back in an instant. I wanted to know every single detail of the 10 years we spent apart and I needed to see him. The husband and I were separating and he was coming to see me. We spent of some of the happiest days of my life together and I never wanted it to end. The good news is that this time we are old enough to make things happen and do what we want. I flew to Arkansas a little over a month later to visit and we had 6 more amazing days together. It's been less than two weeks since we've seen eachother and it feels like an eternity. In 8 days I will be flying into Tulsa where he will be waiting to pick me up. We will be driving to CA together, his new home. We never have to have another goodbye and our time together like a "real" couple can finally start. He has always loved me with this incredible intensity, I can feel it down to my bones. No one has ever loved me that same way, nor have I felt the same for anyone as I do for him, it's always been different... Special. It's always been so easy to love him, perfect, effortless. And now we finally have a real chance to make it work.


- N via iPhone
0 Responses

Post a Comment